Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lead Teaching Lite

Well, tomorrow's the day...Mrs. M has elected to give me a full day of supported lead teaching!  Typically in the short three-week kindergarten placement, it is only expected that student teachers will run portions of a day.  However, Mrs. M felt that I needed an opportunity to try managing all the transitions and moving parts at once!  I so appreciate her immense faith in me to let me take over after so little time, but I am daunted by trying to manage everything for a full day.

For supported lead teaching, Mrs. M will be in the classroom for the entire day and will jump in as necessary for additional management, reminders, etc.  But did she elect to give me a normal day?  HAH.  No.  Tomorrow...

* A student who has been out of school for the last 2.5 months returns
* We practice our brand new Korean greetings and counting
* Instead of message at morning meeting, we're doing a guided writing exercise
* The class does not have a rest period
* We celebrate Chinese New Year with fried rice, chopstick games, goody bags, and a dragon parade
* Is the 99th day of school, so kids will be hyped up about the 100th day party
* May be the last day before the weekend given an impending snowpocalypse on Friday

Hoo boy!  I guess it's sink or swim :)

In other news, it really just hit me this afternoon that I only have two more days with my kindergarten babies, which breaks my heart!  I'll only be upstairs, so I will be able to visit during my prep periods and such, but I am going to be so sad to leave these little people who I have gotten to know so well during the last 2.5 weeks.  First grade will be such a different world...but I know in my heart that I will grow to love Mrs. V's class just as much.

Well, busy day tomorrow.  Time to jump into my bedtime routine and get plenty of sleep to keep up with those kiddos!

**********
Currently reading:  Still George R. R. Martin and UBD
Current high:  Georgian music in choir
Current low:  possible snow day Friday???

No comments:

Post a Comment