Monday, February 18, 2013

Firsts!

First week of first grade is over!  And what a crazy week it was.  A quick rundown...

* Every day was something!  Tuesday was their first day back after two snow days, Wednesday they had a performance, Thursday was Valentine's Day, Friday was the day before vacation.
* I got to visit my kinders a few times -- this leads to hug attacks.  Golly, I miss them!
* I have learned that my favourite grades are kindergarten and third grade.  As my father said, I come by that naturally; those are my mom's favourite grades too!
* By comparison, first graders are huge and independent.  But, I'm growing to love them.
* I have awesome connections to a bunch of them.  I had one girl's younger brother in preschool; one girl has sisters who I taught in kindergarten and second grade; another is the younger brother of one of my second graders; two are the children of professors at my college.  Small world!
* Next week I will be teaching phonics and hopefully start leading morning meeting.
* Either I have a horrible cold or I am allergic to toxins in the school building.  I'll know for sure the week after break, I guess!
* Mrs. V and I are discussing moving up my lead teaching by a week so that instead of having the weeks before and after vacation, I would have the two weeks before and then an easy last week.  We'll see how I feel mid-March!

Stay tuned for more :)

**********

Currently reading:  Teaching Children to Care by Ruth Sidney Charney
Current high:  vacationnnnnnn
Current low:  still recovering from my cold/flu/allergies

No comments:

Post a Comment