Monday, April 22, 2013

Endings

This weekend I had one of my biggest lasts: my last choral concert, the culmination of my four years in the Choral Forces of my college. I must say, I went out with a bang: I was performing in fifteen of the nineteen songs, including a Corsican trio. This concert was also huge evidence of my growth, from my first semester as a member of the Chorale, to this year as a soloist in the Chamber Singers and president of Chorale. Our choral director also recently invited me to be one of the three students to lead the Alma Mater at Commencement, the close of the ceremony. I am honored by the continuous opportunities she has given to me, and I look forward to celebrating a wonderful year of singing tonight.

As the semester, the academic year, and my undergraduate career all draw to a close, so too does my student teaching experience. I'm formulating my plans for my final week (just assisting, lead is done!), creating goodbye gifts for my buddies, scheming for our final celebration. My first grade kiddos all know this is my last week, and I'm trying to assuage their sadness (and my own in turn) by promising to visit and explaining the plans Mrs. V and I have made so far. The idea that this will be done so soon is positively surreal. Every time they bring it up I feel a pang in my gut. I'm dreading the end, which will be the beginning of licensure paperwork and portfolio creation. Ugh!

The good news: after turning in my portfolio on May 2nd, I'll have oodles of free time to see my buddies. Many plans are in progress with EE, IB, SC, and other buddies. Plus potential subbing!

**********
Currently reading: I'm stalled on The Element. Stay tuned.
Current high: singing...how can I keep?
Current low: endings

No comments:

Post a Comment