Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pounding the Pavement

I got an e-mail from my future boss today.  For next year, she offered me a position as a half-time third grade intern and half time theatre technician!  She said they would work to make them as compatible as possible so that I could be fully involved in the third grade planning and support the theatre department.  One of my dear friends, MW, has accepted an electrician internship for the summer and into October, and I'd been feeling somewhat envious of her future adventure.  This sounds like it could be an amazing way to get the best of both worlds -- teaching one of my favourite grades and doing theatre behind the scenes.  Given my recent shift in goals, I think I would probably want to do a second year with the school working in a grade that I'm licensed for (probably K or 1) before coming back stateside to find a job in a public school -- hopefully here in western MA.  My needs for children and theatre are filled, so once I find a choir to sing in, I'll be set!

**********
Currently reading:  The Element
Current high:  lunch with my CTs this afternoon
Current low:  spent about 11 hours with a friend in the hospital on Monday night, so I'm still catching up on sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment