Sunday, January 5, 2014

Kid Quotes Collection, part I

You know what they say...kids say the darnedest things!  Here's a collection of the craziest, silliest, funniest things I've overheard from my third graders and middle schoolers in South Korea in 2013.  Happy new year, more to come :)

Third grader:  Ms. H, you're too short to be a teacher!

Middle schooler in response to teachers joking that the kids should take our trays back:  Teachers are like babies.  They need us to take care of them.

Third grader:  Ms. H, are you married?
Me:  Nope!
Third grader:  Pffft.

Third grader [sniffing my sleeve]:  You smell like Ms. H.  And my grandma.

Middle school student to a group of friends:  You're taking selfies without me?!

In response to another third grader who told me to be a witch for Halloween:  Yeah, you look like you should be a witch!

Third grader:  My teacher last year was X.
Me:  Aw, she's so nice!
Third grader:  Yeah, but sometimes kids don't listen when you're too nice.  I like you better.
Me:  ...are you saying I'm mean?!

Third grader:  My best question [for my research project]...what does the fox say?  (Side note:  he was researching the solar system.  Sigh.)

Director:  I got pizza for you guys for snack, but no Coke!  I don't believe in Coke.
Middle schooler:  Pizza with no Coke?!

Third grader:  I want to be in space!  But the food is not yummy.

Third grader:  Ms. H, did you get your hair cut?
Me:  Yes!  Do you like it?
Third grader:  No.

**********
Currently reading:  The Book Thief
Current high:  catch-up dinner with a dear friend tonight
Current low: likely to crash around 2pm today...uh oh

No comments:

Post a Comment