Saturday, August 16, 2014

Full Force

The pace of my life over the last few months has not allowed time for sufficient sleep, much less blogging.  Apologies!  It's been a heck of a ride...here's what's up.
  • Finished my first official year of teaching (woohoo!)
  • Moved my belongings from my intern apartment to my new apartment, shared with my MS/US drama counterpart SW
  • Spent a week with my family on Cape Cod, interspersed with catch-ups with friends
  • Had the most intense, insane, incredible summer job, which gave me...
    • a skewed sense of time
    • mild to moderate issues with caffeine dependency
    • a renewed sense of confidence and self-assuredness
    • dozens of new friends who mean the world to me
  • Left my summer job at 5PM Friday, took three planes to Korea, and began work at 8AM Monday
  • Unpacked my new apartment (mostly)
  • Started settling into my new classroom - although I am still waiting for my purchase order!!
  • Planned my first trip of the school year to Cebu with my roommate
I have mountains of reflection to do on all of that - it has truly been a whirlwind.  Coming back to "real life" has been hard, largely because amidst all those transitions, there was barely a moment to take a breath.  (I know, I know, I made this choice, I have to live with it.  And truly, I don't regret it!)  I am so looking forward to having the students arrive tomorrow morning - they are why I do what I do, they will give me purpose :)

Given that today is my last day off before school begins, I'm off to make a few trips of "stuff" to and from school, cook lunches and dinners for the week ahead, and treat myself to a mani-pedi with the roomie.  For now - I'm back, so watch this space!

**********
Currently reading:  The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory
Current high:  SW and I went food/apartment shopping yesterday so it's really starting to feel like home
Current low:  the school year hasn't even started yet and I think I'm already getting sick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment