Sunday, September 27, 2015

Second Life: More from EduNation

I stumbled upon a lot of different things today in EduNation!  I don't quite know what to make of everything that I found...

First of all, I started playing with teleportation more.  I knew that I had the ability to teleport to landmarks, but the teleportation pads were new to me!



So, that was pretty rad.  As someone who was raised on Star Trek (a.k.a. "Daddy's Stupid Space Show), the whole experience was very "Beam me up, Scotty!"

I also found a couple of other educational activities.  One I had explored with my professor, where students had to manipulate 3D objects to build a house with one person watching and describing and the other following instructions.  It reminded me of the activity where one person can see a design and must describe it to another person to draw it.  Also similar to "blind Jenga," a trust activity invented by my fellow drama teacher!


I am less sure of the purpose of the great works of art I found.  I tried clicking and right-clicking, but could not really interact with them.


From there, I found a hot air balloon, which was super exciting.  Talk about an experience I've never had before!  Second Life truly is a new existence in some ways.


Things took a turn for the even less educational with these neon-lighted peacock feathers?  I can't quite comprehend what they were or why they were there - although they were certainly fun to look at.


One more day of blogging to come - I think it will be time to get out of Learn It Town and EduNation to see a few other landmarks and consider their applications for learning!

**********
Currently reading:  White Teeth by Zadie Smith
Current high:  an amazing day exploring Ubud!
Current low:  couldn't find somewhere to get a gel manicure today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment